Announcement
 
共享文章 Good Articles
  充滿悖論的時代
(Updated: 6/12/2010)
 

我 們 這 個 時 代 的 悖 論
Paradox of Our Times
我們居住的房屋越來越寬敞,家庭卻越趨小型化。
Today, we have bigger houses and smaller families;
可以享受的生活便利日益增多,屬於自己的時間卻日漸減少。  
More conveniences, but less time;
我們獲得了一張又一張學位證書,卻愈加茫然於常識之中;
We have more degrees, but less common sense;
知識增多了,判斷力卻低了。
More knowledge, but less judgment.
專家越來越多,問題卻也日漸增加;藥物越吃越多,健康卻每況愈下。 
We have more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness.
我們花錢太瘋,笑容太少,開車太快,
We spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast,
怒氣太盛,熬夜太晚,起身太累,
Get to angry too quickly, stay up too late, get up too tired,
書讀得少,電視看得勤,卻難得禱告。
Read too little, watch TV too often, and pray too seldom.
我們不斷聚斂財富,卻逐漸丟失了自我價值。
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
我們的話語太多,真愛太少,謊言氾濫。 
We talk too much, love too little and lie too often.
我們掌握了謀生手段,卻不懂得生活真諦;
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life;
我們的住房越來越高,脾氣卻越來越糟;
We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers;
我們的道路越來越寬闊,眼光卻越來越狹隘。 
Wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
我們付出很多,可獲得的很少;我們購辦了很多,可未有物盡其用 。
We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.
我們能夠往返於地球與月球之間,卻不樂意穿過馬路向新鄰居問好。 
We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor.
我們可以征服外太空,卻懾於走進內心世界。
We've conquered outer space, but not inner space.
我們可以擊碎原子,卻不能突破思想偏見;
We've split the atom, but not our prejudice;
我們寫得很多,可學到的很少;計畫多多,可完成的很少。
We write more, but learn less; plan more, but accomplish less.
我們懂得追趕時間,卻沒學會耐心等待;
We've learned to rush, but not to wait;
我們的收入越來越高,道德品格卻越見低俗。
We have higher incomes, but lower morals.
我們用很多電腦儲存大量訊息,複製無數資訊,但人與人間相互交流溝通卻稀疏。
We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies, but have less communication.
我們擁有的是數量,缺乏的是質量。
We are long on quantity, but short on quality.
這是吃快餐卻消化遲鈍的時代;身軀高大但性格侏儒的時代;名利高踞而人情淺薄的時代。
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion; tall men and short character; steep profits and shallow relationships.
我們的閒暇多了,樂趣卻少了;食品種類多了,營養卻少了;
More leisure and less fun; More kinds of food, but less nutrition;
雙職家庭多了,廝守終生的少了;居處裝修華麗了,家庭卻破碎了。
Two incomes, but more divorce; Fancier houses, but broken homes.
這就是我們今天身處充滿悖論的時代。
This is the paradox of our times today.

 

 
Previous Page | 共享文章 Good Articles index

© Copyright 2024 - Chung Ling High School 66/68 Graduates 
Powered by WORK ActiveSync v4.0.5-org Retail Pack © Copyright www.was.com.my, 2024. All Rights Reserved. 

This page processed in 0.051092 second(s), PHP 5.6.40 with Gzip enabled